The lighter side of writing about wars…
- Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.
- No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy.
- Friendly fire ain’t.
- The most dangerous thing in the combat zone is an officer with a map.
- The problem with taking the easy way out is that the enemy has already mined it .
- The buddy system is essential to your survival; it gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at.
- The further you are in advance of your own positions, the more likely your artillery will shoot short.
- Incoming fire has the right of way.
- If your advance is going well, you are walking into an ambush.
- The quartermaster has only two sizes, too large and too small.
- If you really need an officer in a hurry, take a nap.
- The only time suppressive fire works is when it is used on abandoned positions.
- The only thing more accurate than…
View original post 50 more words